Existing network approaches and technologies simply no longer provide the levels of security and access control digital organizations need. Organizations demand immediate, uninterrupted access for their users, no matter where they are located. With an increase in remote users and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications, data moving from the data center to cloud services, and more traffic going to public cloud services and branch offices than back to the data center, the need for a new approach for network security has risen.
By 2024, at least 40% of enterprises will have explicit strategies to adopt SASE, up from less than 1% at year-end 2018. - Gartner
SASE is the convergence of wide area networking, or WAN, and network security services like Secure Web Gateway (SWG), DNS Security, Firewall-As-A-Service (FWaaS) and Zero Trust Architecture, into a single, cloud-delivered service model. SASE capabilities are delivered as a service based upon the identity of the entity, real-time context, enterprise security/compliance policies and continuous assessment of risk/trust throughout the sessions.
The 3 fundamentals of SASE:
- Simplicity — Consolidate services onto a single platform.
- Security — Control and protect, anywhere and everywhere.
- Scalability — Deliver application access nearest to the users at high scalability.
Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) merges network traffic and security priorities, ubiquitous threat and data protection, and ultra-fast, direct network-to-cloud connectivity. While SASE used to be a matter of sacrificing speed vs. control, improved technology now offers businesses speed and control. The SASE framework is designed to allow enterprise security professionals to apply identity and context in order to specify the exact level of performance, reliability, security, and cost desired for every network session. Organizations using the SASE framework can realize increased speed and achieve greater scale in the cloud while addressing new security challenges inherent in these cloud environments.
NGS's cloud-native and cloud-delivered solution that provides unified data and threat protection from device to cloud, fully integrating data loss prevention (DLP), device/user control and other security technologies into web filtering (SWG), Firewall-As-A-Service (FWaas) & DNS Security.
NGS's platform offers:
- Flexibility: With a cloud-based infrastructure, you can implement and deliver security services such as threat prevention, web filtering, sandboxing, DNS security, credential theft prevention, data loss prevention and next-generation firewall policies.
- Cost savings: Utilize a single cloud platform to save on cost by consolidation instead of point products.
- Reduced complexity: Security consolidation reduces the No. Of point products and increases efficiency by reducing the No. Of solutions to be monitored.
- Increased performance: With a cloud infrastructure, you can easily connect to wherever resources are located. Access to apps, internet and corporate data is available globally.
- Zero Trust: A Zero Trust approach to the cloud removes trust assumptions when users, devices and applications connect. Security is delivered irrespective of user's location.
- Threat prevention: With full content inspection integrated into a SASE solution, you benefit from more security and visibility into your network.
- Data protection: Prevent unauthorized access and abuse of sensitive data.
The resulting converged cloud service is substantially efficient in delivering low latency and unlimited scalability with a global cloud footprint and cloud-native architecture that includes global Peering POPs (Point of Presence).